We are God's Works of Art

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Date Days

Hi Y'all,

Friday's are our Date Day.  We spend the whole day together, whether doing a projects around the house, going out to Estate sales, shopping, or taking a day trip.  Due to the rain yesterday, we stayed close to home and just went out occasionally.  We visited an Estate sale and had lunch at one of our favorite steak house.  I have no photos to share of yesterday's Date Day, so I will show you a few more of my patriotic pics.


This is a patriotic quilt my mother made several years ago and since I think every room needs a touch or whimsy, I placed a moose on my bed.  What could be more whimsical than a moose in a patriotic sweater?  Every time I look hat him I smile and that's the point of adding whimsy to a room.  I put something that makes me smile in every room.  Life is to short not to be happy.


I am very blessed to live in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and there is always something to do just a short driving distance away.  I thought I would share some of our Red Clay State Park photos with you from a few years ago when one of our grand daughters was spending a week with us.  You will see a paper cut out of a boy in the pictures.  Hayley's cousin, Jamison, another of our grandchildren, was doing the Flat Stanley project at school, so we took the paper boy with us everywhere we went that week and mailed it back to Jamison. Each summer one of our seven grandchildren gets to spend a week with us.  In addition to filling the week with fun filled activities, we always spend some time teaching them about the history of the area.  A wise man once said, "If we forget the past, we are doomed to repeat it". 


The Trail or Tears began here for then Eastern band of Cherokees.



Hayley with Flat Jamison.


Teaching our grandchildren about the mistreatment of the Cherokee people and the Trail of Tears.


Taking time to cool off in the spring water coming from the Blue Hole.




Papaw, Flat Jamison, and Hayley on the porch of one of the Cherokee cabins.


The interior of one of the cabins.


Another cabin and out buildings showing how the cherokee in the area lived at that time.


 Until next time, "May your imagination sore and your thoughts be fancyfree", Frankie 

No comments:

Post a Comment