We are God's Works of Art

Saturday, March 10, 2018

My Newest Hobby



This year I started a new hobby, "Pocket Letters".  Starting with a 9 pocket sheet protector, I use the Baseball card protectors, you decorate each pocket as you choose.  Inside the pockets are notes/letters to the recipient and small gifts like stickers, bookmarks, embellishments for them to use in their future pocket letters.  You can also add treats, and sometimes tea packets.  The next step is to send the letters to someone. 

 I  will be participating in my first "swap" next week, I have joined a group on Facebook and I will be sending my Pocket letter to another member of the group.  The theme for the exchange is "What Easter Means to Me".  I have my letter ready and I'm waiting to hear who and where I will be mailing my creation.  And I'm really looking forward to seeing the Pocket Letter I will receive from my swap partner.  Below I have posted two of my favorite Easter/ Spring letters.  The first is the reason we celebrate this special holiday and the second is a just for fun Spring letter.




 I like to use a theme for my decorations, the two below have a New Year/ snow/winter theme.





Being married to an Irishman and having Irish blood myself, I had to make some letters celebrating Saint Patrick's Day.



Lest you think I forgot, here a two of my Valentine letters.




This seems like a fun way to use my stamping and scrapbooking "stash".  It had been awhile since I had stamped or scrapbooked, I had forgotten how much fun and messy it is LOL!  Don't waste your day, go create something and share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment